In order to become the best in your chosen medical specialty, you will need the best tools. That is why it is so important to take the time to find the ideal practice suture pad when learning the process of stitching.
Essential Features in Choosing a Suture Pad
Realistic suture training products that are durable and reusable help improve the expertise and confidence of all students entering a career in the healthcare category.
When deciding on a practice suture pad, one that mirrors the human skin as closely as possible is the best choice for becoming efficient in this procedure.
Not All Are Created Equal
Suture practice pads are sold in a variety of specifications. For this reason, it is crucial to pick the highest-quality professional product to meet your needs. A proper suture pad can help in preparing for a multitude of situations such as:
- Exams and study practice
- Teaching demonstrations
- Practice before starting a real job or residency
But some pads provide only a single layer of silicone, making them inferior and far from the real-world situations that a student will encounter when dealing with patients.
Some suture pads offer just two layers. Although this mimics the epidermis and the dermis, it does not allow for true-life scenarios since there is no fat below the skin tissue. A level of natural fat is essential for practicing because this is the layer that often causes the greatest difficulties in suturing technique training.
Therefore, when purchasing a training product, be sure you select the optimum practice pad that includes these three layers in order to duplicate the anatomical structure of human tissue:
In addition, a suture pad that features a built-in "mesh layer" between the skin and the fat layers provides more accuracy in learning. The benefits of this type of a suture training pad are:
- Improved strength and durability with multiple reinforcement
- Prevents rips of the skin layer
- Offers a realistic appearance
- Provides the same sensation as actual suturing
Additional Features for Maximum Learning
Here are some further tips when purchasing a practice suture kit:
- Every student is on a budget, so selecting a training pad that uses recyclable materials and is designed to be used multiple times is the smart decision.
- Opt for a suture pad that comes with a variety of wound types for a wide range of real-life practice scenarios
- Pick a product that is large enough to have sufficient space for additional cuts for added practice
Make the Right Choice
Consistent and ongoing practice with a high-quality suture kit will help make every person more confident in dealing with all types of wounds, whether they are just mastering the technique or refreshing their skills.