Your blood pressure controlling pills might be going in vain just because of these mistakes. Checking your blood pressure at home is all good – until you see horrible results just because of tiny mistakes. Let’s have a look at them.
- 𝗖𝗵𝗲𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗮𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘂𝗽. This practice is like deceiving yourself. The reason is your cortisol levels are high upon waking up. It can make your blood pressure readings appear higher. A full bladder in the morning can further make the reading faulty. To avoid it, you can assign a fixed time to your monitoring.
- 𝗦𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗽𝗼𝘀𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲. If you sit on a couch in a slouching position, you might not be able to rest your back properly. This results in a false reading. Wondering what can you do to minimize it? Sit in a chair near a table to rest your arm. A table that’s not at your chest level can disrupt your reading. Also, if you bend your arm or cross your legs while taking the reading, it may be false.
- 𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗹. You can become easily distracted when monitoring your blood pressure. Dangling feet, talking, checking your e-mails, or any other activity can add 6-10 points to your reading. Sit still for at least 5 minutes to avoid it.
- 𝟯𝟬 𝗺𝗶𝗻𝘂𝘁𝗲𝘀 𝗯𝗲𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗰𝗿𝘂𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹. You can mess it up if you aren’t careful. Caffeine intake, eating a meal, exercise, smoking, or alcohol should be avoided in this time frame.
- 𝗧𝗮𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀 𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗹𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴. It can shoot your reading up to 20-30 points. Also, if your cuff doesn’t cover the two-third part of your upper arm, then you would expect a high reading.
Oftentimes, faulty blood pressure monitors give faulty readings. If you’re looking for a reliable blood pressure monitor, get Alcedo Blood Pressure monitor today. Use code BPMFB20 to get 20% off and free shipping at https://www.alcedohealth.com/pages/shop-blood-pressure-monitors